Road Construction Projects Update in Abilene for Week of June 8-12
From repaving loop 322, to several other projects, there is quite a bit of construction going on in Abilene right now. Here's a list of projects that Texas Department of Transportation have announced for the week of June 8-12, 2015.
- Business I-20 from near Newman Road to I-20 frontage road: Pavement repairs on the westbound exit ramp/connector from I-20 to Business I-20 (East Hwy 80) are complete; underseal is complete. Final surface will be applied once bridge rail work is completed.
- I-20 South frontage road from Loop 322 to Business I-20 (East Hwy 80): Road way will be temporarily converted to 1-way traffic during construction, eastbound traffic only. Work beginning this week. Temporary 1-way conversion completed.
- I-20 from Nolan County line to near Wells Lane: Pavement rehabilitation in driving lanes. Expect intermittent daytime lane closures.
- FM 89 from US 277 to FM 126; Loop 322 at Business I-20: Pot hole repair.
- US 277 south of FM 89: Speed limit sign installation.
- I-20 near SH 351; Loop 322 near I-20: base rehabilitation.
The Texas Department of Transportation is responsible for maintaining 80,000 miles of road and for supporting aviation, rail, and public transportation across the state. TxDOT and its 11,000 employees are committed to working with others to provide safe and reliable transportation solutions for Texas by maintaining a safe system, addressing congestion, connecting Texas communities, and being a Best in Class state agency. Find out more at TxDOT.gov. Fan us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter.