Road Construction Projects Update in Abilene for the Week of December 2-6
From repaving loop 322, to several other projects, there is quite a bit of construction going on in Abilene right now. Here’s a list of projects that Texas Department of Transportation have announced for the week of November 25-29.
- I-20 frontage roads from Pine Street to Loop 322: A traffic switch is planned next week, pending favorable weather. Traffic will be moved to the inside lanes on the eastbound and westbound sides between FM 600 and SH 351. The turnarounds at SH 351 also will be opened.
- Loop 322 from Lytle Creek to Maple Street: Work continues to convert frontage roads to one-way operation. Inside lanes nearest the freeway are closed. Crews continue working on culverts and retaining walls for the turnarounds at Oldham and Industrial streets, as well as building a new exit ramp for Industrial from the southbound lanes of the freeway.
- Loop 322 from I-20 to the Waldrop Interchange: Crews will perform minor detail work as this project nears completion.
- Rainy Creek Bridge, E. US 80 east of Loop 322: Work to replace the bridge continues. Traffic is limited to one lane in each direction.
- FM 1235 north of Buffalo Gap: Base failure repair.
The Texas Department of Transportation is responsible for maintaining 80,000 miles of road and for supporting aviation, rail, and public transportation across the state. TxDOT and its 11,000 employees are committed to working with others to provide safe and reliable transportation solutions for Texas by maintaining a safe system, addressing congestion, connecting Texas communities, and being a Best in Class state agency. Find out more at TxDOT.gov. Fan us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter.