The Top Songs From the Summer of ’79
In 1979 two brothers from Florida had crossed over from the "Billboard" pop-charts and went No.1 on the Country charts. Not only did David and Howard Bellamy migrate from the pop music side, they became a mainstay on the country music landscape. "If I Said You Had A Beautiful Body" was No.1 for nearly a month and it got the Bellamy Brothers nominated for several country music awards. But the summer of '79 also had other amazing songs like it.
The top 5 songs from the summer of 1979
The Bellamy Brothers - "If I Said You Had A Beautiful Body"
Waylon Jennings - "Amanda"
The Charlie Daniels Band - "The Devil Went Down to Georgia"
Kenny Rogers - "She Believes In Me"
Anne Murray - "I Just Fall in Love Again"
Here are some interesting cost of living facts from 1979
- Interest Rates Federal Reserve 15.25%
- Dow Jones Industrial Average 838
- The Inflation Rate Was At 11.2%
- Average Cost of new house $58,100.00
- Average Income per year $17,500.00
- Cost of a gallon of Gas 86 cents
- Average Monthly Rent $280.00
What do you remember from 1979?