Lori McKenna Set to Release ‘The Tree’ on July 20, Shares First Single, ‘People Get Old’
Lori McKenna is back in the saddle with her 11th studio album, The Tree. The disc is set to release on July 20 with CN Records via Thirty Tigers.
McKenna is one of Nashville's most prolific and successful songwriters, with credits to her name like the 2017 ACM Song of the Year, Tim McGraw's "Humble and Kind." She made history when she was the first woman to take home the award for Songwriter of the Year at the 2017 ACM Awards as well. The talented artist won back-to-back Song of the Year awards at the Grammys for "Humble and Kind" and Little Big Town's "Girl Crush," which she wrote in collaboration with Hillary Lindsey and Liz Rose.
The Tree is McKenna's second album with legendary producer Dave Cobb, who was also behind her 2016 breakout album The Bird and the Rifle. Cobb makes an appearance on The Tree as a contributing musician, as well as Anderson East, Brian Allen, Chris McKenna, Chris Powell and background vocals from Kristen Rogers, Natalie Hemby and Lindsey.
McKenna leads off her new album with the first single "People Get Old," which was released May 9. Readers can press play below to hear the relatable tune about the passing of time.
Lori McKenna, 'The Tree' Track Listing:
1. "A Mother Never Rests" (Lori McKenna, Barry Dean)
2. "The Fixer" (Lori McKenna)
3. "People Get Old" (Lori McKenna)
4. "Young And Angry Again" (Lori McKenna, Barry Dean, Luke Laird)
5. "The Tree" (Lori McKenna, Natalie Hemby, Aaron Raitiere)
6. "You Won’t Even Know I’m Gone" (Lori McKenna)
7. "Happy People" (Lori McKenna, Hailey Whitters)
8. "You Can’t Break A Woman" (Lori McKenna, Hillary Lindsey, Liz Rose)
9. "The Lot Behind St. Mary’s" (Lori McKenna)
10. "The Way Back Home" (Lori McKenna, Luke Laird)
11. "Like Patsy Would" (Lori McKenna, Hillary Lindsey, Liz Rose)
Listen to Lori McKenna's "People Get Old"