Don’t Miss Broadway Star Kristi Tingle Live at the Abilene Zoo
The Abilene Zoo's 'Interlude Concert Series' presents Pops in the Park featuring Kristi Tingle a Broadway and Cabaret star. This is a continuation of the live music concert series, where live music and wildlife come together for an evening of fun, adult beverages and entertainment.
This Pops in the Park is scheduled for Saturday, September 5th, don't miss Kristi Tingle as she will mesmerize you with her enchanting yet powerful voice as you'll hear in the above video. Kristi has performed all across the United States and will be singing with Abilene Philharmonic Maestro Itkin on piano.
Enjoy your favorite melodies from Cole Porter, James Taylor, Liza Minnelli and many others. Take in an evening of fun at the Abilene Zoo with classic songs from the Philharmonic.
All State and local social distancing guidelines will be adhered to, in accordance with the Texas Governor. Masks are required while entering, exiting, and navigating through out the zoo. You can remove your masks when you are at a safe distance from all others.
Get your tickets today, $10 a person, $5 for all zoo members and free admission for all season subscribers.
"The zoo's store and concessions will be open during Pops in the Park and I highly recommend bringing your blankets and lawn chairs for this outdoor concert at the Zoo. Furthermore, come hungry and thirsty because BBQ and frosty cold adult beverages will be available."
Jesse Pottebaum the Zoo's Executive Director
Additional tips and guidelines to follow when visiting the Abilene Zoo:
- Bring your lawn chairs and/or picnic blankets.
- Masks are highly recommended outdoors but are required in the gift shop.
- Follow social distancing guidelines and stay a lions length away from other zoo visitors.
- Open are: the watering hole (with adult beverages), zoo eats, giraffe feeding experience, gift shop and carousel.
- Closed are the Safari Train Express, reptile house, the Kilimanjaro Mining Sluice and Swan Boats.
- Food for hand feeding the giraffe is $5.
The Abilene Zoo is open Monday through Sunday 9 am to 5 pm, gates close at 4 pm and is located at 2070 Zoo Lane Abilene, Texas. For more information please call 325-676-6085.