OUYA Devs Listen to Feedback? Booya!
The OUYA team has been listening to feedback from the community, ever since they sent the OUYA Dev Console a month ago. Let’s take a look at some of the changes they’ve made!
It seems that a lot of the feedback they received had to do with their controller design. They’ve take the good, the bad, and everything in-between and crafted a new controller with the following changes:
- The D-pad has been changed from a “disc” style to a “cross” style, which will mean greater accuracy for play.
- The thumbsticks have received rubberized tops for better grip and traction.
- The touchpad will be more responsive in the final release. The sensitivity can be tweaked in the Settings menu.
- Triggers have been improved and are more flush with the controller’s body.
- The battery bay is now more snug and the pull-tab will be made of a higher-quality material.
They’ve even tested the controller with an oscilloscope to ensure it’s fast and responsive, which is something that’s pretty impressive. We love it when good feedback is taken to heart, especially when it leads to a quality product down the line.
Check out more on the OUYA at the console’s official website and let us know if you’ve already pre-ordered your own!