Labor Day 2016 in Abilene – What is Open and What is Closed?
Labor Day is an American holiday that is observed the first Monday in September and was established to recognize the economic and social contributions of workers.
Being a national holiday and the symbolic end of the summer season, you should be aware of what's open and what's closed in the Abilene area.
- Banks: Closed
- Government Offices/Buildings: Closed
- Post Office/Mail Delivery: Closed
- Movie Theaters: Open
- Libraries: Closed
- Schools: Closed
- YMCA: Open (holiday hours: 8am-6pm)
- Public Pools: Closed
- Public Splash Pads: Open
- Mall of Abilene: Open
- Wal-Mart: Open
- Target: Open
- City and State Parks: Open
- Supermarkets: United, HEB - Open
- Liquor Stores: Big Johnson Liquor, Abby's Bottles & Brew, Pinkies, H&H Liquor, Filo Liquors: Open
- Primetime Family Entertainment Center: Open
- Abilene Zoo: Open
You might also be aware that Labor Day is when many business change their hours of operation from summer hours to more of a traditional schedule.
Make sure you bookmark this page as we'll continue to update it.
If you have additions for this page, please email us.
Fire up that grill and enjoy the holiday