West Texas Fair & Rodeo
The West Texas Fair and Rodeo is scheduled for September 5th thru the 14th. There’s the usual Sneak-A-Peek night, parade, live entertainment, rodeo and new for this year, they’re giving away a new car. Simply fill out the back of your fair ticket and drop into the hopper at the Display Building. The winner will be announced at the Rodeo on the last night of the fair. Check out this years complete schedule.
The West Texas Fair and Rodeo parade will take place in downtown Abilene. The participants start lining up at 8am. The parade will begin at 10:30am Saturday morning at North 1st and Pine Street. The route takes the parade north on Pine Street, west on North 6th Street, south on Cypress Street and east on North 1st Street back to the starting point.
2013 West Texas Fair and Rodeo
Dates and Times
- September 5th-14th
- Gates, rides, food and exhibit buildings open 8:00am till 10:00pm
- Friday and Saturday 8:00am till 11pm
- $8.00 Weekdays
- $11.00 on the Weekends
- Students (K-College) $4.00
- Children under 5 Free
- Carnival Armbands $28.00 everyday (unless special is in effect)
- $15.00 Rodeo-Reserved Box Seats Tuesday – Thursday
- $20.00 Rodeo-Reserved Box Seats Friday and Saturday
- $70.00 Season Pass available online at CenterStageTicketing.com
- Gate Admission charge applies 1:00pm weekdays and 8:00am weekends.
- September 5th, Sneak-A-Peek 5 pm till 10pm, armbands are $20.00
- September 6th, College day college students with current ID admitted free
- September 7th, School day School day tickets good all day
- September 8th, Family day and school day, School day tickets good all day
- September 9th, School day School day tickets good all day
- September 10th, School day All rides $2 each, School day tickets good all day
- September 11th, “Remember When” day Senior Citizens get in free, Admission tickets will be sold at 1963 fair prices $0.75 for Adults and $0.30 for students.
- September 12th, Cantastic Night free admission with 6 empty Coca-Cola cans and armbands are $20.00
- September 13th, Open night standard pricing applies
- September 14th, Open night standard pricing applies, last day of fair and rodeo
- Hot Rod Tractor Pull Sept. 6th, 6:30 start time
- Hot Rod Tractor Pull Sept. 7th, 7:00 start time
- Jaime y Los Chamacos on the H-E-B stage Sept. 8th starting at 7:30pm
- Midnight Blue on the HEB stage Sept. 9th starting at 8:30pm
- PRCA Rodeo and crowning of the queen Sept. 9th-14th starting at 7:30pm
- Callahan Divide on the HEB stage Sept. 10th starting at 8:30pm
- Elvis Tribute Artist Harvey McFadden on the HEB stage Sept. 9th starting at 8:30pm
A Season Pass to the West Texas Fair and Rodeo allows attendees to come and go at will. Passes and tickets may be purchased at the gate, online or charge by phone at (325)-677-4376. For more information log onto the West Texas Fairs and Rodeo website.