The Dyess Big Country Air Show Returns to Abilene May 2nd and 3rd
Get ready for the sights and sounds of jet engines roaring through the skies, mock aerial dog fights and awesome aerobatics. Dyess Air Fore Base is set to host its first airshow in over three years. The Big Country Airfest Open House Airshow is May 2nd and 3rd.
This years performers will include the USAF Thunderbirds, Army Golden Knights, Wings of Blue and a host of different airplanes.
Dates and Times
- May 2nd & 3rd, 2015
- 9:00am Gates open
- 11:00am Invocation
- 11:00am - 4:30pm Airshow including the USAF Thunderbirds
Free to enter
- Enter through the Tye gate open to the public at 9am
- Things not allowed on base: food, drinks, pets, weapons (including pocket knives)
- No smoking or smoking paraphernalia
- No backpacks or coolers
- Check out the Dyess air show website for a list of what's not allowed.