Donald Duck Celebrates 77th Birthday [VIDEO]
Donald Duck turns 77 years old on June 9th. Donald has gone from controversial cartoon (1934 propaganda cartoon) to the lovable, friendly, family icon of "Donald's Place." Disney channel is planning on celebrating, by hosting a Donald Duck marathon. Donald Duck made his screen debut in 1934 in "The Wise Little Hen." His first starring role was in 1937's "Modern Inventions." He starred or appeared in six feature films, seven television programs and over 150 shorts, including the Academy Award-winning, "Der Fuehrer's Face" (1943).
Some interesting facts about the fuzzy tailed duck are:
- According to The Guinness Book of World Records, Donald Duck's voice is the most popular voice to imitate, ever.
- Only two people have ever performed Donald's voice – Clarence "Ducky" Nash (1934-1985) and his protégé, Tony Anselmo (1985-present).
- A special microphone, The Neumann TLM-170, is used to record
- Donald's voice. Preferred for its warmth, this microphone also rounds out the high tones and smoothes the "splat" in Donald's voice.
- Donald first met Daisy in 1937 and has been wooing her ever since.
- Donald hails from Ducksburg, USA, but docks his boat, Miss Daisy, in Toontown's Toon Lake. These days, he spends much of his time in the Clubhouse.
Tune-in: “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse” airs Thursday, June 9 (9:00 a.m., ET/PT) on Disney Channel.
Images, clips and source were made available by: www.DisneyChannel.com.