Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff – Shay’s Recipe of the Week
It was a cold weekend plus the Super Bowl was coming on so I didn’t want to be stuck in the kitchen all night. I decided to stick something in the crock pot to make it easy. I chose beef stroganoff. It’s a hearty meal and it makes great left overs!
- 2-3 lbs. cubed round steak
- 1/2 lg. onion cut to suit (I did 1inch strips)
- 2 cans Golden Mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (you can use all one type of soup)
- 1 pkg. french onion soup mix
- 2 cans (1/2 box) beef broth
- 1/4 c. sour cream
- 2 Tbls. Worcestershire sauce
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 2 Tbls. garlic (or 1 clove fresh minced)
- 1/8 c. flour
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. cumin
- salt/pepper to taste
In your crock pot add meat, cans of soup, pkg. soup mix, broth, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, flour, oregano, cumin and salt and pepper.
Cook on high for about 4 hours, then turn down to low and let cook until meat is tender.
In about the last 30 minutes, add in your sour cream and cream cheese and mix well. At this point you want to get your egg noodles or rice prepared as well.
Spoon stroganoff over your noodles/rice and serve!