Center for Contemporary Arts is Hosting “Thanks for the Memories” ArtWalk for the Alzheimer’s Association
The Center for Contemporary Arts and other downtown art galleries will host a special “Thanks for the Memories” ArtWalk, Thursday, September 11th in Abilene. The Abilene Alzheimer Association and Wisteria Place will be on hand to answer questions and display the paintings by Alzheimer’s patients. See what else is happening.
“Thanks for the Memories” ArtWalk
Center for Contemporary Arts 220 Cypress St Abilene, TX
Date and Time
Thursday, September 11th, 2014 from 5:00 pm till 8:00pm
Bird Thomas at (325)677-8389
- 5-8 pm Live Music by Paris Pittman
- 5-8 pm Fly Dance and Heart-to-Heart Dancers
- 5-8 pm Library Display “Take Me Out to the Ballgame”
- 5-8 pm Downtown Restaurants
- 7:45 pm T&P Depot parking lot unveiling of “Man in the Moon”
- 5-7pm Alzheimer’s and Art at the Center for Contemporary Arts
- 6-8pm William Joyce: Guardian of Childhood at the National Center for Children’s Illustrated Literature
The ArtWalk teams and the Abilene Alzheimer’s Association will raise awareness and funds. A Cake Walk in front of Busch Jewelers and the food truck competition will both benefit the Alzheimer’s Association.