‘Around Town Update’ for the Abilene Area
Here's a list of events going on in Abilene and the surrounding area. If you'd like your event listed, just send us an email and we'll get it added.
It's time for the 5th Annual 'Coats for Kids' drive. This year's coat drive will not only help homeless students in Abilene, but other surrounding school districts as well. Please help by donating a gently used or a new coat. We need all sizes, from age 3 to 18. There are several drop-off locations all throughout the area.
- Abilene ISD
- Townsquare Media at 3911 South 1st in Abilene
- Or at 241 Pine Street (AISD offices)
- Over 700 students in need
- Clyde ISD
- 526 Shalimar Drive in Clyde
- Contact: Paula Kinslow
- Approximately 35 students in need
- Eula ISD
- Eula Junior High/High School Building
- Contact: Kortni Collins
- Anson ISD
- Anson Elementary Campus at 922 Ave. M in Anson
- Contact: Priscilla Cook
- Merkel ISD
- Middle School Counselor's Office at 403 Ash Street in Merkel
- Contact: Kimberly Sullivan
- Approximately 75 students in need
- Sweetwater ISD
- Sweetwater ISD Administration at 207 Musgrove Street
- Sweetwater High School at 1205 Ragland Street
- Sweetwater Middle School at 305 Lamar Street
- JP Cowen at 700 W 4th St
- Sweetwater Intermediate School at 705 E. 3rd Street
- East Ridge Elementary at 1700 E. 12th Street
- Southeast Elementary at 1201 Mustang Drive
- Hawley ISD
- Hawley Administration Building located at 210 Ave. E
- Contact person: Melody Collier
- Approximately 93 students in need
- Abilene ISD
The annual Texas Hold’em Poker and Casino event brought to you by Re/Max of Abilene will be on November 8th at Primetime Entertainment from 6pm-9pm. This year, the event will be benefiting the Hendrick’s Children’s Hospital.
Christmas in November is coming to town November 9th-11th at the Abilene Convention Center. This event, brought to you by the Ora Negra Chapter of the American Business Women’s Association, is going to be full of over 100 vendors and craft booths with everything from clothing and jewelry to baked goods, home decor and so much more.
Come see The Letterman in concert Sunday November 11th at the Paramount in downtown Abilene! The Letterman will be raising money for Team Chip’s ‘Kicks for Kids’ and 100% percent of the proceeds from this fun concert will be going directly to Kicks for Kids!
The Junior League of Abilene is kicking-off the holiday season with their annual 5k Reindeer Run. This event is a 5K walk/run and family fun run to benefit the Junior League of Abilene. This year the Reindeer Run is December 1st in conjunction with the Abilene Downtown Association City Sidewalks festivities. The event will kick off at the South entrance of the Abilene Convention Center.
The Buffalo Gap Historical Village, now known as the Taylor County Historic Center will be hosting a "Military Appreciation Day" Sunday, November 18th. All military personnel and their families will be admitted into the village free. A World War 1 documentary film will also be showing during Military Appreciation Day. The center will be open from 8:00 am till 5:00 pm.
The Beach Boys are coming back to Abilene for a special show at the Abilene Convention Center on Thursday, March 21st. Tickets go on sale to the public on Friday at 10am, but you can purchase yours with our special presale password on Thursday at 10am.