The Sweetwater Rattlesnake Round-Up Is March 9th-11th
The Sweetwater Jaycees are ready to welcome over 40,000 guests to their 60th Annual Rattlesnake Round-Up is March 9th - 11th at the Nolan Country Coliseum.
In 1958, the Sweetwater Jaycees started this event as a way to control the overpopulation of rattlesnakes that were hurting people and endangering livestock.
Today the Rattlesnake Roundup features food booths, a Barbecue Cook-off, nightly dances, a carnival, a giant flea-market and a gun show.
- Worlds Largest Rattlesnake Round-Up
- Nolan County Coliseum at 1699 Cypress Sweetwater TX
Date and Time
- March 9th, 10th & 11th, 2018
- Gates open at 8am
- Friday dance starts 7pm featuring 'Deryl Dodd'
- Saturday dance starts 7pm featuring 'Cody Canada & the Departed'
- Guided snake hunts begin at 10am daily
- Cook Off begins at 8am
- $10 Adults
- $5 Kids ages 5-12
- Free for kids under 5
- $10 Friday dance
- $15 Saturday dance
- $25 per couple dance
- $5 - $10 cooler charge
- $25 All day carnival pass
- $20-$50 Carnival ride passes
- $5 Gun show
- Bus tours to snake habitations daily
- Rattlesnake eating contest Sunday
- No glass containers allowed at dances
- Contact Mary at the Sweetwater Chamber of Commerce 325-235-5488